NATIONAL INSPECTION COUNCIL
The National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting or NICEIC is an organisation which regulates the training and work of electricians in the UK.
Electrical contractors register with the NICEIC to become approved contractors, meeting the NICEIC's specification of training.
If work undertaken by the approved contractor is not up-to-standard, the NICEIC will correct it if necessary.
Electrical contractors work is checked by local Area Engineers employed by the NICEIC on an annual basis.
Many local authorities only give work to NICEIC-approved electricians.
To be an approved contractor, the electrician must:
· Ensure work is carried out to BS7671 or the IEE Wiring Regulations
· Certification is issued on completion of installation work as directed by BS 7671
· Has up-to-date copies of BS 7671
· Has competence with test instruments as outlined by Section 7 of the IEE Wiring Regulations
· Has public liability insurance of at least £2m.
LYNX ELECTRICS LTD
has been a
NICEIC approved electrical contractor